Your council has received a packet of forms from the District Deputy. These are for the State Awards.
Awards Program FAQs
THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES MUST BE OBSERVED BY COUNCILS WHO WISH TO QUALIFY FOR THE STATE PROGRAM AWARDS AT THE STATE CONVENTION:
- Please read all instructions.
- You must fill out the heading: Council #, District #, region, number of total members, and Division # on
each cover sheet. Your council’s Division # is based on the TOTAL number of members in your council
as of January 1, 2018. Forms that do not have the headings completed will be disqualified.
- A council can submit a particular event or project in only one category; i.e. Church, Community, Council, Family, Youth, Pro-Life, or Public Relations. The same project cannot be entered in more than one
category. Entries in the wrong category risk being disqualified. The easiest way to determine in which
category a program belongs is to ask the question “Who benefits the most from this program?”
- For state-level awards, you MUST use the enclosed Service Program Awards Entry Cover Sheet and
attach it to each category. Do not use the forms in the Surge With Service book except for Supreme Award submissions.
- Remember to include accompanying documentation as desired, i.e. photos, newspaper clippings,
posters, church bulletin announcements, etc. Photos taken at a particular function can only be considered
under one category – not multiple categories. For further information please see the attached submission
- The completed cover sheet and accompanying information must be in the hands of the State Awards & Forms Chairman, Lawrence Barkowski, NO LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2018. Please do not send copies
to the State Deputy as he will simply have to forward them to me. Late entries will be considered nonentries.
- The STATE winners for Church, Community, Council, Family, Youth, Pro-Life, and Public Relations, will
be selected based on activities in the Fraternal Year July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2018, in each of the
categories. If you wish to include an activity taking place after March 15, 2018, please describe the event
and the actions you are taking, etc. Or, if you held this same event in the last fraternal year, you can
report what you did last year for this event.
REMEMBER: ALL MATERIALS, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF NECROLOGY REPORTS, MUST BE IN THE
HANDS OF THE STATE AWARDS & FORMS CHAIRMAN BY MARCH 15, 2018 TO ALLOW FOR SORTING
THE SUBMISSIONS AND FORWARDING ALL ENTRIES TO THE JUDGES.